Friday, November 20, 2009

Up, up & away!

The day after we went to the beach, mami's favorite place, papi decided that he wanted to share one of his favorite activities with me......hiking. We went to a place that mami and papi have been talking about for a while. It's called El Pilar and it's right outside of Antigua near mami's work. El Pilar is a ecological park - a big forest with a long, long hiking trail and bunches and bunches of stairs to climb. The sign at the entrance said No Mascotas (no pets), but a nice man in the big cowboy hat let me in anyway. I suppose he couldn't resist my sweetness.... the story of my life!!

We started out checking out some humming birds (Hmmmm? - that's a special joke just for my grandpapi) and then we began the hike. We went up and up and up and up. Papi said he thought that there must have been at least 1000 stairs. I can't count that high, but I'm pretty sure he was right. Guess what though? Remember how I've been trying to show mami & papi how I'm gonna be a little adventure dog just like them? Well, I'm pretty sure they agree now since I climbed ALL of the steps by myself! That's right - all by myself!


Come on papi, let's go!

I worked really hard.

Papi even called me Super Mia. Silly him, he thinks I can fly!

We picniced along the way.....
thank goodness Sr. Greg brought me my new travel bowls!

It was so pretty the way the sunshine came down through the trees.

And of course there were other pretty things to look at too.....like me!

Life just doesn't get much better than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment