Thursday, November 12, 2009

Frisky When Wet

After we got home from the kite festival I was really tuckered out. So were mami & papi, so we all napped for a while. When we woke up mami suggested we take a walk to the market to pick up some things for her homemade apple butter. I was still quite pooped, so papi carried me most of the way. He says I'm getting heavy, so this royal treatment is gonna have to end some day soon. While we were out, mami spotted my other papi (Ms. Betty's husband) across the street. He saw us too and came over to say hola. I was tickled to see him and licked his face just like I used to do when I lived at their home with my doggie mami & papi. My real mami (the one that I live with) told me about how I used to be his favorite little pup. She said that Ms. Betty even cried the day that mami & papi took me away. I don't really remember that day, but mami says one day soon she'll take me back to visit my dog parents. Ms. Betty's husband gave me a kiss and thanked my mami & papi for loving me so much and taking extra special care of me.

When we got home I was in for a big surprise. I had the time of my life at the kite festival, investigating every inch of the cemetery and munching on the pretty flowers but I also got super dirty there, so mami & papi gave me my very first bath at their house. They had to wait a few extra weeks because last time I went to the vet, they found out that I had fleas and I got a special treatment. The vet told them no baths for at least 2 weeks after the treatment. Finally the day had come.

Mami had her big camera out to document the event. I'm a sort of embarrassed about some of the following photos, so please don't giggle at me. Remember I'm just a little puppy girl that still needs my mami & papi to take care of me.

pretty soon I'll be too big for the sink!

pitiful, I know

please no more pictures

I was chilly willy!

bath time is so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment