Monday, November 2, 2009

Paper or Plastic?

I know reusable is all the rage, but I must admit, I'm a plastic girl myself. Lucky for me, Guatemala also has a bit of an obsession with plastic. They even make their own brand of plastic - Guateplast. Everywhere mami & papi go, someone wants to give them something in a plastic bag even when they bring along their own reusable bags, so we have quite a collection of them at home. Ever since the day they brought me home, I've been sneaking away to my secret hiding place in the kitchen. We have these ugly open front cabinets in our kitchen. Mami hates them, but I like how they give me easy access to my little nest amongst the plastic bags. They're really quite comfortable to curl up in (and fun to play with too!). Pretty much every time I can't be found, the first place they check is the kitchen and I'm usually there taking a little catpup nap.

Recently papi installed the cabinet curtains that mami made to hide our junk. At first I was worried that they weren't going to let me go into my nest anymore, but that's not the case at all. Mami & papi really love me and they know that I always behave well in my secret hiding place.

this is from when I was willy wittle

I'm all wet from helping papi with the watering

it makes a good pillow too!

taking my morning nap in the nest

mami's new curtains don't stop me!

No comments:

Post a Comment