Monday, February 22, 2010

It's all in the name

What does your name mean? Mine means Mayan Seed (Semilla Maya) because that is what I was went mami & papi brought me home. The littlest one in the litter, I was not much bigger than a seed and since Guatemala is the home of the Mayan empire it worked out perfectly. Mami & papi explained to me that seeds start out very tiny {like me} but after someone plants them in the earth and cares for them very carefully {like they do for me}, the seed will sprout and grow into a big beautiful plant or flower. I suppose that is what I'm doing now - sprouting. I wonder what kind of flower I'll become?

Aside from my obvious nickname
Mia, I also get called a whole bunch of nicknames. Here's a list of the names I respond to.

* Mimi or Mims
* Me
* Meazy Peazy Puddin Pie {I kiss the boys and make them cry!}
* Mia Chapina

* Mia Sumaya {that's papi's}

* Meezers
* Puppy doll
* Pumpkin Pie {mami thinks I'm sweet}

* Mia More {get it? like Mi Amor}

* Puppy Puddles {not any more, papi!!}

* Carne Asada {those meaty market bones make my breath stink}

* Friskels {I'm kind of crazy after a bath}
* Lazy Girl & Sleepy Head {in the morning}
* Blondie

* Babycakes {that's mami's}
* Fluffernut {that's after I get a bath]
* Me-Rex {my groans and sleeping habits mimic that of the t-rex!}


Do you have as many nicknames as I do? I'd love to hear some of them. Drop me a comment with the one that I can call you!

No comments:

Post a Comment