Thursday, April 29, 2010

I'm sorry, so sorry

It's pretty obvious that my mami thinks I'm an angel most days.

And really for the most part, I am.

However, I had a bit of a hard day last week.

It all started when mami and papi left me home alone for the whole day while they were working - something they rarely do. Paps had to work on his newest water system and mami had a team, so I was left to my own devices (napping, gnawing on my stick, & hanging out with my pals) at the house. They said it would be good practice for when they leave for a long vacation in a few weeks and my friends Alan & Louise come to take care of me and live with us.

Mami was sweet and came back to visit me in the late morning and she even brought me a few visitors from her team. Papi came back at the end of the day too and took me for a walk in Antigua to see Dr. Sican. Then Sergio came for my lessons. Afterwards papi left us for a night out with the boys and mami got on the phone and called grandmami & grandpapi. That's when the trouble began.

Mami was yaking & yaking with her mami and papi about my new little niece that is coming and I guess I got jealous. I didn't mean to hurt my mami's things, but when I realized that papi had left the closet door open I got a little curious. Mami has some really pretty things in there and I came across a super cute pair of silver puma ballet slippers......and couldn't stop myself. I ate one of them right up!

Wow, when mami noticed what had happened she was NOT happy. After she cooled off, we had a talk about how I acted inappropriately. I felt bad and tried to cuddle up to mami. She shared with me that she wasn't too mad because those shoes hurt her feet anyway, but even so I wasted her money.....the money she needs to buy my food.

I'm sorry mami. I love you and hope that you can forgive me. And I'm going to make papi take me shopping for some new cute shoes for your birthday tomorrow. I promise. Afterall, he owes you too - he shouldn't have left the closet door open!

No comments:

Post a Comment