Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My other guy

I have decided that it's time to tell you about a special guy in my life. I've been keeping him a secret for quite a while now, but it's time to let cat out of the bag (why was that poor cat in the bag anyway?).

Here are some clues.

He's not my papi.
He's not one of my doggie pals.
He's a man.
A real human man.
He's my Profi.
My trainer, Don Sergio.


I started working with him nearly 3 months ago and boy have I gotten smart in that time! Twice a week he comes by the house to pick me up for our date and then he and I walk the neighborhood for a half hour. Recently mami & papi have been joining us in our lessons. Profi teaches them how to give me my commands. They aren't quite as good at it as me, but I cut them some slack since they're not professionals.

My profi uses words (in English....even though I'm bilingual) and hand signals. Together with him I have learned how to walk nicely to the left side of my parents, sit, stay, lay, sit again and come. Of course we practice when I'm out and about with mami and papi, but we've worked it out so that I don't always have to be on my very best behavior. There are certainly times when I'm less than thrilled to get to work with Profi, but then I remember that he always has a pocketful of treats, so I usually come out from under the table and let them have their way.

(that's me helping my papi practice)

We're gonna keep working with Profi for a while. Just to make sure I'm good and obedient. I've never been too much trouble, but mami says nobody likes a big dog that's out of control. And in this house, what mami says, goes. Got that papi?

No comments:

Post a Comment