Monday, March 8, 2010

Dooms day is here

Hi folks, I'm here with a bit of a request today. It seems that tomorrow probably won't be a great day for me. I have to go back to visit my nice friends at El Arca Vet's office, but it's for a surgery. Tomorrow I'm getting spayed. Since I'm nearly my 7th month and quite possibly my first heat, my mami and papi decided it is time. They're a little sad too because they know that I'd have really cute and nicely tempered babies one day, but since none of us are in our place right now for that we have decided that me getting spayed is the socially responsible thing to do. This baby will not be having babies. It wouldn't be such a big deal if we were living back in Denver, but here in Guatemala, the street boys are wild. Plus most of my doggie friends are boys too and I wouldn't be able to play with them very often if we didn't do the surgery.

We have talked about it a lot, our little family this weekend. Mami and I are a little scared, but papi has ensured us that it will be fine. I'm going to feel really sleepy and maybe a little sore, but I should be back to my normal self pretty quickly. Dr. Sican said it is probably a good idea if just papi drops me off in the morning. Mami will be too nervous and it might make him nervous. But she can come get me at the end of the day and take me home and love on me. The worst part of it is that I need to wear one of those funny cones on my head for a whole week. Yick! I'm sure that I won't like it, but if I know my mami like I do, she'll make me feel so loved that I might even forget about it most of the time.

Please keep me in your prayers friends. I love you all very much.

XoXo,
Mia

1 comment: