Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Mimi in Wonderland!

Just call me Adventure Puppy Girl from now on. Since our trip to the beach, mami, papi & I have been on the go, go go! Mami's friend Abby had a birthday a couple of weekends ago and we got invited to go to paradise to celebrate. Mami blogged about it here on her site, but I want to tell you what I thought about it too!

We arrived in Esquintla at this amazing castle way after dark. I rode in the back seat with my friends Alan & Louise and did a lot of napping. When we got there though, I got a real treat! Another doggie came along too. My new best girlfriend Chuch! Chuch started out in life on the streets, but not after too long she was rescued by someone and then adpoted by her cool mama, Nitivia. They used to live in Santa Ana close to Antigua, but now they live in Guatemala City. It's ok though, because I'm pretty sure I'll get to see her again soon anyway. Chuch was so much fun! Usually all my friends are lots bigger than me, but not Chuch. She's only a wittle bit bigger. She's so smart (street smart, papi says) and quick. Mami says Chuch is tricky! She doesn't seem to mind at all when I follow her everywhere and she rolls and plays with me and even lets me win sometimes.




So most of the time I played with Chuchie, but there's 1 thing that separates us. Chuch doesn't like the water.....and I think I do! The night we arrived it was really dark. I spent a lot of time exploring the area and checking out the pool. Papi and Alan swam a wittle bit. One time I got a little too curious and fell into the pool. It was ok since I swim, but I needed some help getting out of the pool. That's when mami rescued me, wrapped me in a towel and cuddled with me......it's willy cold when you're wet!



When it was time for bed, everyone else slept in the big castle, but mami & papi & I went camping instead! They said they wanted to get me prepared for our next big adventure to Belize where we will probably go camping. I was so sweepy I didn't even notice that they crawled up top and I stayed down below. In the morning papi woke me up for breakfast!



After we all ate breakfast, we spent the rest of the day lounging poolside. I played with Chuch some more, but we both were pretty tired from all the fun we had the night before. Since Chuchie wanted to nap quite a bit and do some big dog exploring on her own, I played in the water some more. I'm not very confident yet, especially in pools where I can't get out on my own! Mami & papi say that will all change when we go to Belize and have tons of fun in the sun!



Miss Nitivia played with me in the water, since her dog-ter didn't want to get wet!


I hope we get to go back to the castle in Esquintla soon. I think I'd like to do some more camping and swimming!

1 comment: