Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Land of Treasures!

Xela, Xela, Xela! (Tee hee hee, I'm just practing my Chicken Bus driver voice!)

After Tejutla, we hit the road bound for Xela, mami & papi's old home. The ride wasn't nearly as long and the good news is that I didn't get sick. Along the way we made a few stops so that I could stretch my legs and use the little girls room.

Papi and I enjoyed the view from outside San Marcos.

Once we got to Xela, the fun began. I didn't realize there would be so many treasures on the street there. Mami & papi called it trash, but I knew better! We kind of had a hard time finding a hotel that would accept me (what's up with that?), so we ended up staying at a cute hostel. Even they said no puppy girls allowed, but they were nice enough to give mami & papi a safe parking space behind a big gate and I slept in the car. Mami was a nervous wreck, but I was really ok. I missed them, but I knew Dewey would keep me safe. Good thing we practiced camping in Esquintla. I knew exactly what to do.

The next day we hit the streets in search of more treasures. Look at what we came across.

Hey guys! Don't worry, you'll find a good home soon.
(and if not, we've got room at our place!)

Escott.
That's the dog from the toilet paper that everyone say looks just like me.
I think I've still got some growing to do!

Of course I got tired and had to take a time out too.

But then we got to meet the guy that mami has been telling me all about.....

Santy Claus!
Mami said she'd help me write my list and Santa reminded me to be nice.
Did you know he is even watching while we are sleeping? (Sounds kind of boring to me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment