Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Proud Mia

Excuse my absence blog friends, I've been so busy celebrating that I haven't had time to post lately.

You wanna know why I've been celebrating?

I've been celebrating because on July 29, 2010 I became an official American dog!!! We even had a real swearing in ceremony where I raised my right paw and promised to abide by all the rules that American dogs live by.....there are a lot of them, by the way and I'm not so sure I'm gonna like this leash law one bit!



Mami and papi spent hours and hours back in Guatemala getting my immigration papers ready, but when we got to the border those unfriendly border patrol folks didn't even bother to look at them. They didn't seem to give a hoot about me, but they didn't like my dog food - they took it away. They told my mami that because it wasn't made in the USA (I eat Canadian food) then I couldn't bring it in. They did say that I could have a 1 day supply and little do they know that I don't really eat 4 and a half cups a day like my mami said I do! Haha, jokes on you Border Patrol!!

So since that food wasn't gonna last me the whole way to Denver we made a little stop in Tucson a couple of hours later. Mami and papi took me to a place that this little Guatemalan dog never could have even dreamed would exist!


The lady at the front register welcomed me in and even offered me a treat! Then I promptly sniffed out some new food, but they didn't have my regular Akana, so I'm now eating Eukanuba for a while.



Since it was a special occasion, I even got to leave with a new toy!


A real dead duck!

That night my mami and papi continued to pamper me (and themselves) with a good night's sleep in yet another dog friendly hotel, Drury Suites.

Just chillin' on the bathroom's cool tile floors.

Livin' the life!

If this is what America is all about, I wish I would have come a whole lot sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment