Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'm One!

Boy oh boy, did I ever have a great birthday. It was so great that mami and papi extended it a whole extra day....and maybe more!

The day began with a very special breakfast treat. Mami says from now on, this is going to be my breakfast.....so delicious!

My regular food with a scoop of natural yogurt and ocean kelp (to keep my teeth nice!)

Afterward they gave me a present......

We're gonna call him "Ocho."

Then we packed up the car and went to Boulder to hike in Chautauqua Park. Unfortunately I had to stay on the leash since it cost $20 to get a voice and sight dog tag. Papi said the crazy rules are just another reason we folks in Denver say Boulder is a nice place to visit, but we'd never want to live there! Leash or no leash, I made the best of it. Of course it was super hot and there wasn't any water to splash in, but it was still fun to explore.

Mami was disappointed about the leash, but I told her not to worry.

Birthday belly rubs from papi!

Just call me a flower child!

We had so much fun!

When we got back to Denver mami and papi took me to a dog park. It was my first time in a park like this. The place was packed! I wasn't quite sure what to think since all the other dogs wanted to take my new bouncy Chuck It balls. The verdict is still out on whether or not I want to go back.

After a couple of stops by friends' houses, we came back home. It was late and I was dog tired. So tired in fact that we had to skip my birthday cupcakes.....well we did split one for our picnic lunch, but mami had something special planned, so we continued the celebration this morning.

We had a birthday photo shoot.
I wasn't so crazy about the hat, but I didn't mind the necklace.

Then we took the obligatory photos with the 'rents.


After some singing, we blew out the candle.

And then I chowed down!

We even made plans to visit Chattfield Reservoir dog park this afternoon but then the battery in the car died. We were all pretty disappointed, but papi promised that we'll go another day, so my birthday celebrations continue! I hope every birthday is a great as my first!

PS: I forgot to mention that my granny and grandpapi Finotti sent me a nice present too. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the treats out of the Tug-A-Jug, but thanks for thinking of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment