Sunday, January 10, 2010

Live, Love, Belize

Hi-ya everyone!

We're back from our holiday adventure vacation & I've finally found some time to fill you in on my where abouts over the past couple of weeks.
Let's start with our Christmas vacation to Belize!

Mami & papi warned me that it was going to be a long trip, but it really didn't seem so bad to me. They woke me up while it was still dark out and loaded me into Uncle Dewey but after that the next thing I remember is waking up and getting into a boat. Papi said I missed about 5 hours in the car.....oops! I guess I was still a wittle sweepy! Up until Belize I had only ever ridden in cars {and 1 scary moment on papi's bicycle} but in just 1 day I got to go in 3 different forms of transportation. Look!


Here we are waiting on the dock. I was so excited I almost jumped right off into the water! I was feeling pretty silly - just look at me sticking out my tongue at papi!

1st we went by boat....

then by bus.....

...and then again by water taxi!


While we were in Belize we stayed in a cute little cabin at Captain Jak's where the owner's were oh so nice. They didn't mind having me around at all!

I liked the front porch at our cabana the best of all. Every chance I got I layed out there and watched the birds. Papi says now I'm a porch dog. He's gonna make sure our forever house has a really good one.

My least favorite part were the hot, humid nights. Mami didn't think it was too bad, but she doesn't have nearly the amount of hair that I do! It rained for a day or so and we were stuck in the house, so one night mami wrote a special note to Santa to ask if he could come to our cabin a couple of days early & guess what??? He did! He brought me another animal friend, Penguino, and a delicious bone that I finished off that very day!

On Christmas day we took a short little bus ride to Maya Beach {i think they may have stolen my middle name, but i don't really mind} and played on the beach there. Mami & papi had some good eats and even shared another special bone with me.


Every single day during our vacation we played on the beach. I think I may love sand even more than I love grass! Of course I made a couple of friends of my own kind too. Those street dogs just flock to me! No wonder I can't seem to shake my fleas! He and I played and played and played and played until I was too tired to walk home. Good thing my papi is strong enough to carry me!

I played so hard everyday that I needed to do quite a bit of napping too. Hey, vacations are for relaxing, right?

At Captain Jak's we met a really great family who had kids that just ate me right up! They even took me out on their boat for a ride. It was sweeeeeet!


This is my new friend Caley. She is so nice. I think she might be a dog whisperer!

I've decided I just love boats! I'm gonna try real hard to be a very good puppy girl for the next whole year and maybe Santa will bring us one!

There was one real scary moment in Belize when I got a little too curious for my own good with a hermit crab. He clamped onto my tongue for about 15 minutes. It was so scary. Mami helped me stay calm while papi tried to get him off, but he just wouldn't budge. Finally I took matters into my own paws and shook him off. I definitely learned my lesson! I know what curiosity did to the cat....thank goodness I'm a dog.

Just a little bit after the crab episode we went to Yoly's. The kids were there for me to play with and mami made sure we got a family photo for my blog. I had so much fun that I forgot all about my hurting tongue.

My proudest moment by far though was perfecting my swimming skills. At first I was a little scared, but by the end of the week I was doggie paddlin' all over the place!


I could tell that mami & papi were so proud of me! I sure hope we get to go swimming again in a great place like Belize!

No comments:

Post a Comment