Saturday, January 23, 2010

Doctors & Days off

All 3 of us had the day off yesterday. Me, the mami & the papi. We were just hanging around, having fun when mami snapped this photo. It shows how much I've grown lately - I've got some droopy jowls now! In fact, I've developed a bit of a limp from all of my growing. I don't think it really hurts because I really never cry, but I do limp on my front left leg, pretty much all the time, but especially in the morning.

Since the M & P love me so very much, they got right on it and took me to my doctor, Dr. Sican at El Arco. The people there are so sweet and nice to me, and so far I don't really mind going. In fact, I think I'm one of their favorites because they know my name with I walk in the door and they always give me lots and lots of pets and attention.

Last week Dr. Sican told the M & P that sometimes large breed puppies develop a disease in their bones and/or joints. He said it happens because we grow so fast and it's more than our bones can handle. He's right. Remember when I came home at a whopping 5 lbs. and here we are about 3 months later and I'm weighing in at 36 lbs! Luckily he also told us that usually the pups outgrow this sickness when their growing slows down. I've been taking medicine for pain and inflammation and we will go back again in 1 week when they may take an x-ray of my leg. Mami is really scared for me, but I've been brave and give her lots of love to make her feel better.

So I'd like to ask all of you, my faithful readers and friends to keep me in your prayers until we figure out what is really going on with that leg of mine. But don't worry too much. I'm still a really happy puppy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment